Introduction; General Terms
Information we collect about you
We collect personal information when you voluntarily provide it to us. For example:
- complete a user profile or registration (such as name, contact information and other identification information where needed);
- provide information to assess your eligibility to provide services as a Farassi Service Provider or delivery partner(such as your driver’s license information, vehicle information and background check results(as legally permissible));
In certain circumstances, you may need to provide your Personal Data in order to comply with legal requirements or contractual obligations, or where it is necessary to conclude a contract. Failure to provide such Personal Data, under such circumstance, may constitute a failure to comply with legal requirements or contractual obligations, or inability to conclude a contract with you, as the case may be.
Information we collect automatically.
Personal Data may be collected through the operation of our Apps, Websites and services. Some examples are:
- Location(to detect pickup and abnormal route variations);
- Feedback and ratings;
- transaction information( such as payment method and distance travelled);
- information about how you interacted with our Apps, Websites or Services;
- personal data you enter in messages when you use our in-app communication features; and
- devices information(such as hardware model, serial number, IP address)
From other Sources
When we collect Personal Data, including but not limited to your name, contact information and other identification information where needed from other sources, we make sure that that data is transferred to us in accordance with applicable laws. Such sources include
- When our users add you as emergency contact;
Use of personal data
Farassi may use, combine and process your Personal Data for the following purposes (“Purposes”). Your Personal Data will be used to provide, personalise, maintain and improve our Apps, Websites and Services. This includes using your Personal Data to:
- provide you with Services across our various business verticals;
- conduct due diligence checks;
- verify your identity;
- verify your age (where necessary);
- validate your ride and process payments;
- engage you to provide Services;
- process, manage or verify your application of promotions, rewards and subscriptions with Farassi;
- perform internal operations necessary to provide our Services, including troubleshooting software bugs and operational problems, conducting data analysis, testing and research, monitoring and analysing usage and activity trends;
- protect the security or integrity of the Services and any facilities or equipment used to make the Services available;
- process and manage your rewards;
Sharing and Disclosure of personal data
Farassi does not disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, unless you have provided consent to do so or we are required/permitted by law to disclose the information. We may need to share your Personal Data occasionally with various parties for the Purposes. These parties include:
- If you are a passenger, we may share your pick-up and drop-off locations with our service provider fulfilling your service request.
- If you are a service provider, we may share your Personal Data with your passenger including your name and photo; your vehicle make, model, number plate, location and the average rating.
- If you are a service provider, we may share your Personal Data with your selected merchant and user, including your name and photo; your vehicle make, model, location and the average rating.
- If you use our in-app chat service, we may share your mobile number and Farassi-registered name with the other parties to your chat.
With third parties
For example, we may share a vehicle’s location and driver’s and/or passenger’s name with third parties when a passenger uses the “Share My Ride” feature or activates the Emergency Button.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account with us, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Farassi is not designed to target children. We do not intentionally and knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we find out that a child under 13 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us via our support portal.
How we protect your data
We use encryption to keep your data private while in transit. We offer a range of security features, like Safe Browsing, and 2 Step Verification to help you protect your account. Passwords are encrypted at all times. We review our information collection, storage, and processing from time to time, to prevent unauthorized access to our systems. Access to personal information is restricted to Farassi employees, contractors, and or agents who need that information in order to provide you with our product or services. Anyone with this access is subject to strict confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
We take reasonable and appropriate measures designed to protect your personal information. But no security measures can be 100% effective, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information, including against unauthorized intrusions or acts by third parties.
What data breach procedures we have in place
Data breach response plan
- Take immediate steps to contain the breach.
- Establish what security measures were in place when the breach occurred.
- Assess whether technical or organizational measures can be implemented to prevent the breach from happening again
We will monitor the effectiveness of this and all of our policies and procedures and conduct a full review and updated as appropriate.
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviours and interests of people who interact with our services
What automated decision making and or profiling we do with user data
- Matching available drivers and delivery providers to service requesting customers. Based on availability, proximity and other considerations, users may be matched.
- Enabling dynamic pricing where the cost of a ride or our other services is measured on the basis of constantly changing conditions,
- such as the expected time and distance, the estimated route, the estimated traffic and the number of riders and service providers using Farassi at a given time.